The Lincoln County News
#LCNme365 Social Media Photo Contest 2018
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Entrants must be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of The Lincoln County News and Lincoln County Publishing Company (“Administrator”) family members (spouse, parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same household of such employees are ineligible. This offer is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this contest.
- Timing: The contest begins on Sunday, January 1, 2018 at 07:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and ends Sunday, December 31, 2018 at 11:00 p.m. EDT (the “Contest Period”). Winners will be announced on a weekly and monthly basis. A grand prize winner will be announced in January 2019.
- How to Enter: We want to see your photos of Lincoln County, The Lincoln County News, and products and services from Lincoln County out in the world!
During the Contest Period, share a photo on Instagram using the hashtag #LCNme365. The photo must be taken within Lincoln County, include The Lincoln County News, or be related to Lincoln County in some way. Photos must be your own original photography, and the profile must be public in order for the photo to be viewed.
To enter via email, send a photo to The Lincoln County News with your name, town of residence, contact information, and photo attached. Write #LCNme365 in the subject line and include the date.
Multiple entries are allowed. Upon posting the photo, you will automatically be entered into the Contest.
Please note: By entering in this Contest, you signify and agree that your Entry and any other materials submitted in connection with this Contest may be posted on Administrator’s website, social media accounts or reproduced for other applications, including commercial purposes, in a manner that is consistent with these Official Rules. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded.
In order for a photo to qualify as an Entry, such photo:
- MUST contain the following text in the comment field: #LCNme365
- MUST be the entrant’s original idea. The photo MUST NOT copy or otherwise plagiarize from any source or have previously been published commercially or submitted in or won any sweepstakes or contest.
- MUST NOT include third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities and friends, who have not expressly authorized entrant to display their image or likeness. If the Entry contains an identifiable person other than the entrant who submitted the Entry, by submitting the Entry, the entrant represents and warrants that he/she has obtained the consent of such person to the use of the Entry as outlined herein.
- MUST NOT contain material that violates or infringes any third party’s intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights. Without limiting the foregoing, Entry submissions must not include third-party trademarks or logos, except those of Administrator.
- MUST NOT include mention or performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to books, articles, photographs, artwork, music, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property.
- MUST NOT contain material which is (or promote activities which are) in Administrator ‘s sole discretion, hateful, slanderous, libelous, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, inappropriate, violent, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation, or age), illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or contain material that is threatening to any person, place, business, or group; or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group; or contain images, words, or text portraying nudity, acts of violence, or acts that are or appear to be unlawful or dangerous or in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the entry is created.
By participating in this Contest, entrant acknowledges and agrees that he or she will clearly and conspicuously disclose that he or she is participating in this Contest in any online social sharing interaction that references the Contest or is used to obtain entries in connection with this Contest. At a minimum, the hashtag #LCNme365 must be included in all social media communications sent pursuant to the Contest. Administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who does not adequately disclose his or her participation in this Contest while engaging in any online social sharing interaction during the Contest Period.
Entries that do not include any required disclosures or hashtag will not be eligible and will be disqualified. Bulk, automated and/or third party Entries are prohibited and will be disqualified.
Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address, Instagram account, Facebook account or Twitter account. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the pertinent Instagram/Facebook/Twitter account will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Administrator or forfeit the prize. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive, or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Contest at Administrator’s sole and absolute discretion. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded.
Normal Internet access, phone, data, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply.
- Winner Selection: The weekly winners will be selected via a panel of judges made up of representatives from the Administrator. Representatives will judge the photos without any identification of the entrant.
Monthly contest: At the end of each month, the weekly winners will be posted on the website of the Administrator. The public may vote on the best photo of the month through a poll on the Administrator’s website. Each person is allowed one vote. Repeat votes will not be counted. The photo with the most votes will be declared the winner.
Yearly contest: At the end of the calendar year, the monthly winners will be posted on the website of the Administrator. The public may vote on the best photo of the month through a poll on the Administrator’s website. Each person is allowed one vote. Repeat votes will not be counted. The photo with the most votes will be declared the winner.
All decisions are final in all matters relating to this contest. The winners will be notified via Twitter or Instagram from the @LCNme social media accounts, or from the Administrator’s email.
Winners will have forty-eight (48) hours to respond to a prize notification message from LCNme social media accounts or an alternate winner may be selected.
- Winner Requirements: By participating in the contest, each entrant agrees and consents that Administrator and its designees may use the entrant’s contest entry photo, Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook name or handle (ID), message, likeness, and/or prize information for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
Each entrant will indemnify Administrator against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
- Prize: Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Administrator’s sole discretion. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use.
- General Conditions: Administrator reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the giveaway, or any part of it, if any fraud, circumvention of the rules by one or more entrants, technical failures, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the giveaway, as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion. Administrator, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion.
- Limitations of Liability: Administrator is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the giveaway; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the giveaway; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network, or human error which may occur in the administration of the giveaway, the uploading or processing of entrants, or in any giveaway-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the giveaway or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Administrator is not responsible for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Administrator is not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any material associated with the giveaway. By participating in this giveaway and accepting a prize, each winner agrees that Administrator and its affiliates, agents, prize suppliers and promotion agencies shall not be liable for any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the giveaway or resulting from the winner’s participation in the giveaway, acceptance, possession, use, or misuse, of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, privacy, or defamation.