Obituaries, Death Notices, and Service Announcements
- All free obituaries must state a Lincoln County connection (for example, the deceased was a Lincoln County resident, survivors live in Lincoln County, the deceased worked in Lincoln County, etc.).
- Obituaries are subject to editing by The Lincoln County News staff to ensure our standards and criteria are met.
- If the above criteria are not possible to meet or edits are not desired, the obituary can be submitted as a paid obituary.
- Please send one photo in .jpg format and the highest resolution possible. Keep in mind that we print obituary photos as head shots. We are capable of cropping the photo if necessary.
- Photos may only be used for obituaries — not death notices or service announcements.
- All free obituaries appear on our website.
- Church page submissions are due no later than 11:30 a.m Tuesday.
- Please keep church page submissions concise — The Lincoln County News does not print sermon topics or similar information.
Birth, Engagement, and Wedding Announcements
- At least one party in the announcement must have a connection to Lincoln County stated in the announcement.
- Please include the full name(s) and town(s) of residence of all parties featured in the announcement (for example, the mother and father of the child, bride and groom, etc.)
- Please send one photo in .jpg format at the highest resolution possible.
- All birth, engagement, and wedding announcements appear on our website.
Letters to the Editor
- Please include your name and town of residence as the signature. The Lincoln County News does not print anonymous letters.
- Keep in mind that we reserve the right to not publish any letter for any reason.
- ‘Thank You’ letters should be nonspecific (for example, thanking the community). If specific persons or entities are listed, the letter is a Card of Thanks and requires payment.
Please call us at 207-563-3171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.