Obituaries, Death Notices, and Service Announcements
- All free obituaries must state a Lincoln County connection (for example, the deceased was a Lincoln County resident, survivors live in Lincoln County, the deceased worked in Lincoln County, etc.).
- Obituaries are subject to editing by The Lincoln County News staff to ensure our standards and criteria are met.
- If the above criteria are not possible to meet or edits are not desired, the obituary can be submitted as a paid obituary.
- Please send one photo in .jpg format and the highest resolution possible. Keep in mind that we print obituary photos as head shots. We are capable of cropping the photo if necessary.
- Photos may only be used for obituaries — not death notices or service announcements.
- All free obituaries appear on our website.
- Church page submissions are due no later than 11:30 a.m Tuesday.
- Please keep church page submissions concise — The Lincoln County News does not print sermon topics or similar information.
Birth, Engagement, and Wedding Announcements
- At least one party in the announcement must have a connection to Lincoln County stated in the announcement.
- Please include the full name(s) and town(s) of residence of all parties featured in the announcement (for example, the mother and father of the child, bride and groom, etc.)
- Please send one photo in .jpg format at the highest resolution possible.
- All birth, engagement, and wedding announcements appear on our website.
Letters to the Editor
- The Lincoln County News encourages civil and respectful dialogue on current events through letters to the editor.
- The LCN does not allow name-calling, either of individuals or groups, and will not knowingly publish false or misleading information.
- The LCN does not print correspondence between other parties, such as letters from constituents to politicians.
- General letters of thanks are acceptable. For letters of thanks with lists of specific individuals or entities, contact the advertising department.
- Please limit letters to 500 words. Each writer may submit only one letter per week.
- The LCN reserves the right to edit letters for clarity and violations of the above guidelines, as well as to reject letters for any reason.
- All submissions must include the writer’s name and town of residence. Submit letters by email to email@example.com (preferred), fax to 563-3127, or mail to P.O. Box 36, Damariscotta, ME 04543.
Guidelines for Letters to the Editor from Political Candidates
The Lincoln County News will publish letters to the editor from political candidates as follows:
- – to announce their candidacy;
- – to announce the end of their candidacy and their endorsement of another candidate, if applicable;
- – to respond to a letter or article in the LCN in order to clarify or correct information about their candidacy;
- – to respond to attack ads, such as Facebook ads or mailers, in order to clarify or correct information about their candidacy;
- – to write a general letter about their candidacy or a subject of their choice, once before a primary election and once before the general;
- – and to provide general legislative updates in a “From the Legislature” column, if currently in office. Columns about individual or partisan accomplishments or goals are subject to the guidelines above.
Letters from political candidates must follow the guidelines for all letters to the editor.
Please call us at 207-563-3171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.