What Qualifies as a Paid Advertisement?
Aside from classified ads and display ads, paid advertisements can take many forms in The Lincoln County News. Below are some examples:
- Card of Thanks: A card of thanks is a paid advertisement thanking individuals, businesses, or sponsors. If the thank-you is generalized and directed toward the whole community, it can be submitted as a free letter to the editor.
- Birthday Announcement: A birthday announcement is a great way to express well-wishes for a friend or family member for their special day.
- In Memoriam: An in memoriam is typically located on the obituary page and is used to honor the memory of a deceased loved one.
- Paid Obituary: While obituaries under 300 words are usually free, The Lincoln County News requests payment for obituaries under some circumstances. For a free obituary, the deceased must have lived or worked in Lincoln County at some time or have Lincoln County survivors listed in the obituary, and the obituary must contain fewer than 300 words. The Lincoln County News also edits obituaries to fit AP style. If survivors want the obituary published as-is without edits, this constitutes a paid obituary.
There are many other options for paid advertisements. Essentially, a paid advertisement is a guarantee that an item will be printed in The Lincoln County News.
Click here to see our Advertising Rate Card for ad sizes, rates, and deadlines. Alternatively, email the advertising department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 207-563-3171 with any questions. Please note that the advertising department typically needs to see the content of the ad before any size recommendations can be made.
Guidelines for Submitting Advertisements
- To submit an advertisement, please fill out the advertisement form or send an email to email@example.com before the deadline (see Rate Card).
- Please submit ad copy either in a Microsoft Word-compatible document (.doc, .docx, etc.) or in the body of the email.
- Images and PDF ads should be sent as email attachments with the ad copy (if applicable).
- We accept most image file types for ads, but PDF format is preferable.
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 207-563-3171.