A “doggone” pool party will be held Saturday, Aug. 24 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Wiscasset Community Center, 242 Gardiner Road, Wiscasset. Free, but donations are accepted.
People can end the summer with some fun for them and their furry family. Bring a pup to the community center where it can swim in the pool before the center heads into its annual cleaning week. There will also be a barbecue for humans and frozen pup pops for all wagging tails.
This event is free but donations will be accepted, of which a portion will be donated to the Coastal Humane Society.
· One human per pup, please.
· If one’s dog has been ill in the past 48 hours, please do not bring them to the pool.
· Know one’s dog. If the dog does not do well with other dogs, please don’t bring them. They want this to be fun for all.
· Please bring a well-behaved pup on a leash. Leashes will be come off for pool time and must be back on for all other times.
· Pool time is just for dogs. Hey, humans get it all the other days of the year!
· All dogs need to be signed in by their pup parent/guardian.