With 14 meals sites total, including five new sites, the free summer meals program has served over 3,000 healthy meals to children so far this summer. The program, which is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the U.S. Department of Education, and locally by Healthy Lincoln County, aims to feed all children while on summer vacation from school.
“We have had questions from parents or grandparents about whether children need to be enrolled in a program, or have a membership at the Y for example in order to receive meals, and the answer is no. We have wonderful community partners who sign up to be meal sites, and that means that any child is welcome at any site for a meal,” Healthy Lincoln County coordinator Emily Bauer said.
If there is a child in that needs a ride and a meal, offer to bring them to one of the sites participating in the program:
– Boothbay, Clifford Playground, June 25-Aug. 24 – lunch 11:30 a.m. to noon, Monday-Friday
– Boothbay Harbor, Camp Knickerbocker, June 25-Aug. 24 – breakfast 7:30-8:30 a.m. and lunch 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday-Friday
– Boothbay Region YMCA, June 25-Aug. 24 – lunch 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
– Damariscotta, Central Lincoln County YMCA, June 25-Aug. 24 – breakfast 7:30-8:30 a.m. and lunch noon-1 p.m., Monday-Friday
– Jefferson, Jefferson Scoop, June 25-Aug. 24 – lunch noon-2 p.m., Monday-Sunday
– Waldoboro, Miller School, June 25-Aug. 24 – breakfast 9-9:30 a.m. and lunch noon-1 p.m., Monday-Friday
– Wiscasset, Wiscasset Community Recreation Center, July 2-Aug. 17 – breakfast 7:30-8:30 a.m. and lunch 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
The schedule is subject to change. More information, including menus and the full schedule, can be found on the Lincoln County Summer Meals Facebook page or by calling 563-1330.