Waldoboro Fire Chief Paul Smeltzer said no injuries occurred as a result of the fire. The only person in the residence at the time was able to exit the building unharmed, while the home’s other residents were out of town.
The Maine State Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire to be accidental, Smeltzer said. The fire originated from the stove.
Smeltzer said though the house was still standing the damage was quite extensive.
“Most of the damage was inside,” Smeltzer said.
The chief said once firefighters were able to gain entry to the home, they were able to promptly extinguish the flames from the main fire.
“Once we gained access, it was knocked down within a few minutes,” Smeltzer said.
He said that once the main fire was knocked down, crews focused their attention on extensions present in other portions of the home to ensure the entire blaze was out.
“Because it’s a mobile home with additions built on, there are multiple roofs, so the fire is between the multiple roofs,” Smeltzer said.
In addition to the Waldoboro Fire Department, Waldoboro Emergency Medical Services, the Jefferson Fire Department, and the Nobleboro Fire Department responded to the scene.