To: Qualified Roofing Bidders
From: David Benner, Facilities Director at AOS 98 / Southport Central School.
Location: Southport Central School, 438 Hendricks Hill Rd. Southport Me. 04576
A. Roof Bids are to be mailed to, and received no later than Friday December 2, 2016,
at the Office of the Superintendent, located at 51 Emery Lane, Boothbay Harbor Me
B. Bids will be marked as, “Roof Bid – Southport Central School”
C. Roof job to be completed after School closure in June 2017 and before
Monday July 31, 2017.
D. References from similar projects to be attached to your bid.
E. Certificate of Insurance, to be included with your bid.
F. Workers Compensation Certificate, to be included with your bid.
G. Bids to be opened on Monday December 5, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. at the
Office of the Superintendent, located at
51 Emery Lane, Boothbay Harbor, ME 04538
H. The Superintendent of Schools and or the members of the Southport School
Committee, reserve the right to waive all formalities and to reject any and all bids
(and to accept any bid)
(Approximately 40 squares; a site visit by the bidder will be necessary)
1. Remove all existing roofing and vents down to the existing structural roof deck.
2. This bid shall include, but is not limited to the disposal of roof shingles, wood,
flashings, and any other debris accumulated during this project,
to an approved landfill.
3. Replace any deteriorated/damaged roof decking as needed *(to be completed as a
change order to the base contract after review with the facilities director
or his designee).
4. Install Grace Ice and Water Shield (or similar product) over the first 6 feet
of the roof deck, including the valleys.
5 Install Winterguard or equivalent waterproofing shingle underlayment over the
remainder of the roof per Landmark TL installation recommendations. Make note of
what brand underlayment and mill thickness you will be applying for the purpose
of this bid.
6. Shingles – CertainTeed Landmark, Granite Gray in color #95449,
Asphalt shingles, w/Lifetime Warranty & 110 MPH Wind Warranty to match
existing new shingles.
7. Shingles shall be applied per manufacturer’s specifications, no staples.
8. Replace Ridge Vents with CertainTeed Ridge Vents.
9. Replace all flashings with 8” Commercial Grade drip edge on eaves and rakes.
10. List all Warranties including but not limited to the Manufacturer’s Warranty on
materials and supplies and Workmanship Warranty.
11. Provide hourly labor rates for all work to be completed for any
additional change orders.
12. All work will be completed in accordance with applicable OSHA safety standards.
Additional questions can be provided to you by the Facilities Director David Benner,
(available M-F 7-3) office tel. 207-633-9870, cell 207-380-7871