The veterinarian who will open the Wiscasset Veterinary Hospital this spring has a diverse background, including three years as the head of an Army veterinary facility.
A wine bar will open at 65 Main St. in Wiscasset as soon as possible, the proprietors told the Wiscasset Planning Board on Monday, Dec. 23.
The owners of the former Wiscasset Primary School are exploring the potential redevelopment of the property as workforce housing and a memory care facility.
The Wiscasset Planning Board approved an application to open a veterinary hospital at 161 Gardiner Road on Monday, Nov. 25.
Most of the historic homes in Wiscasset share qualities of grandeur and luxury, including the 1807 Castle Tucker, 1807 Nickels-Sortwell House, and 1792 Smith House, all large homes built by wealthy and prominent residents of the 1700s and early 1800s. Those homes are more imposing than the 1790 tiny house at 16 Fort Hill St., but it is no less a part of the town’s heritage.
A husband and wife who live in Damariscotta both served their country in World War II: Bill Connell as a merchant mariner and Lyn Connell as a pilot in the Civil Air Patrol and member of the American Women’s Voluntary Services.
The business partners behind the restoration of the former Musical Wonder House in Wiscasset now plan to open a new restaurant in a long-vacant building on Route 1 next to Shaw’s.
Beginning at the age of 12, Michael Connors struggled with alcoholism and addiction for more than 20 years. He overdosed on drugs six times and was saved six times. He was often in jail. But today, more than five years after his last day in custody, the former Wiscasset resident is an alcohol and drug counselor who uses his story to bring hope and encouragement to others as they confront the same issues.
Crooker Construction LLC, of Topsham, will complete the first phase of Westport Island’s long-term paving plan for $347,516.
A local businessman and former Wiscasset selectman was one of 33 veterans to receive a hero’s welcome upon his return from a trip to Washington, D.C. with Honor Flight Maine.
Representatives of the American Legion and Maine’s congressional delegation gathered at the Legion’s state headquarters in Winslow on Saturday, Sept. 28 to dedicate a new memorial to service members from Maine who went missing in action or were taken as a prisoner of war and remain unaccounted for.
Former Wiscasset Fire Chief Tim Merry and the department’s membership are expressing concern about the town manager’s removal of Fire Chief T.J. Merry – Tim Merry’s son – for his handling of the Huber’s Market training burn.
Lincoln County will erect a memorial at the courthouse to commemorate the sacrifice of local law enforcement officers who have died in the line of duty.
Wiscasset Fire Chief T.J. Merry has been removed from his position for his handling of the Huber’s Market training burn Aug. 4.
A new “boutique” bed-and-breakfast with one guest room is now open at 87 Federal St. in Wiscasset.